Saturday, January 26, 2008

project runway

so i have been watching project runway season 4 since the mid November....when the season began. My grandmother told me about how good the show was and she suggested i watch it, since i'm in to fashion and i think at the time i was trying to make a skinny black tie. i succeed a month later during christmas, with the help of mom-dukes.


Well my grandmother was right, the show is good...it is one of the few shows that i watch and look forward to each week. So during my boredom, I looked up the people who were on the show, via bravotv, to see if they had websites and what not.

i think in part, if i didn't watch this show i probably would not have made my tie or even tried too. I can sometimes get distracted. I remember during the summer i got interested in making my own t-shirts, using stencils and/or use iron-ons. Although i have yet to make a shirt i did come up with a few ideas for t-shirts...looking back some are good, some are bad, and some are ugly, but hey its a start. here is an example...



the stencil for the shirt above was taken from the pic below...


i think this shirt would be pretty easy to make, its a simple design and contains one color, here is a "cliff notes" version of what you need to do is:
-create the stencil, here is a tutorial
-find a good sturdy shirt. (i.e american apparel, gap, uniqlo...)
-and you can paint (acrylic) it on or get some iron ons (wal-mart has them)

once you do this and put all these things together = boom you have a t-shirt with a zebra on it....

man that does sound easy...why haven't i created one....hmmm...i think that will be my next project...

No comments: