Wednesday, December 19, 2007

movies...

A lot of people say that i am harsh when it comes to movies. I'll admit, I am quick to judge at times but so movies either have it or they don't. so movies have to grow on you. Perfect example, the first time I watched "Dumb & Dumber", I was with my brother and he was telling me how funny this movie was. I think I laughed twice throughout the whole movie. It took me a while but I watched it again...and I was surprised at how hilarious the film was. I consider it a classic now...

Blade Runner! Definitely one of my favorite films of all time. It's kind of hard to explain why I love this movie so much. My explanation is as complex as the movie is...deep on so many levels. These are one of those movies where you either love or hate it...I have yet heard of a person who casually like this movie. There is something that draws you in, the complexity of the characters and the relationship with each other as well as you, the music which plays on the emotions of the characters and the setting. Nod to Vangelis for the sound track....I personally love "Memories of Green" and "Love Theme"

The "Final Cut" edition of the movie came out yesterday (12/18). There were a few versions of it released a 2 disc, 4 disc, and a 5 disc. I got the 5 disc set....it comes w/ a few extra features and things...a plastic brief case (suppose to be a replica of the Voight Kkomp case from the movie) Definitely a nice box set that comes with stills from the film, the unicorn figurine , and a small model 995 police car. The extra discs are the goodies of the whole package...they go into great detail of the film and it 25 yr history. I've only watched two of the disc; "The Final Cut" of the film and the deleted/extended scenes. Even though I have 3 more disc to look through, I am already looking at the film from different angles.

I could ramble on for days but I think I'll cut it short for now...if you have any questions feel free...

oh yeah since my ipod broke on me and "I feel some type of way" towards apple...i broke the norm and bought the less trendy and one of the under-dogs in the mp3 player market = Zune. when i get in the mail...i'll let you know what I think about it.

No comments: