Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yes we can...



According to will.i.am, founding member and frontman of Black Eyed Peas, the "Yes We Can Song" was inspired by Senator Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign and especially the speech Obama gave following the New Hampshire primary. He states, "It made me reflect on the freedoms I have, going to school where I went to school, and the people that came before Obama like Martin Luther King, presidents like Abraham Lincoln that paved the way for me. . . ." Dylan says, "The speech was inspiring about making change in America and I believe what it says and I hope everybody votes."

The music video includes excerpts from Obama's speech and appearances from several celebrities: Scarlett Johansson, John Legend, Herbie Hancock, Kate Walsh, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Adam Rodriquez, Kelly Hu, Adam Rodriquez, Amber Valetta, and Nick Cannon. "I'm blown away by how many people wanted to come and be a part of it in a short amount of time. It was all out of love and hope for change and really representing America and looking at the world," will.i.am said.

No comments: